If your snack time routine is starting to get a bit dull, a creative plate can make all the difference. This cute little owl is a surefire hit with kids of all ages. Here’s how you make it:
- Gather your materials. You’ll need a plate, an apple, a banana, a few slices of an orange and two raisins.
- Cut the apple in half lengthwise. Then, cut two slices of the banana. We like to finish the rest of the banana as a snack for ourselves!
- Cut a sliver off one of the apple halves. Cut off the end and divide into two. The larger piece will serve as the owl’s head and the two smaller pieces will be the ears. Use the rest of that apple piece to cut thin slices. These slices will be the wings.
- Peel the orange slices and cut into small triangles. Then, arrange the apple slices into a head with ears, a body and wings as shown below. Place the two banana slices over the head as eyes with the two raisins as pupils. Finally, place the orange slices to make a nose and feet.
- Serve to your kids and see their faces light up!