WHAT YOU NEED
- Caps from Juicy Juice® plastic bottles
- Wooden breakfast tray (available at house ware section of home store)
- 1 quart of magnetic paint
- 1 inch flat paint brush
- Blue painter’s tape (available in paint section of home stores)
- Acrylic paints
- 1 can of clear glaze (available at craft stores)
- 1 package of business size magnets (available at craft stores)
- Safety scissors
HOW TO DO IT
For the Tray:
- Paint a wooden breakfast tray with two coats of magnetic paint. Let the paint dry completely between coats.
- Apply acrylic paint over the tray.
- You can create a design by placing strips of painter’s tape in a pattern on the tray. Paint the tray again (paint over the tape) with a contrasting color.
- When the paint is dry, gently remove the tape and the pattern will be revealed.
- To seal the tray, spray on a coat of clear glaze and let it dry.
For the Magnets:
- Wash and dry several Juicy Juice caps.
- Draw circles on the magnet sheets using a juice cap as a pattern.
- Glue a magnet to the top of each cap. Let dry.
- These magnets secure drawing paper or activity sheets to the tray.
- The magnets also make great checkers or tic-tac-toe game pieces.
- Paint one side of your child’s marker or crayon box with magnetic paint. The box will now stay in place on the tray, even when the car is moving.