WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 empty 48 oz. or 64 oz. Juicy Juice® plastic bottle
- Craft glue gun or “tacky” glue
- Decorative ribbon
- 1 roll of light blue cellophane
- Tissue paper in fall colors
- Pinking shears (available at craft stores)
- 1 spool of thread
- Green pipe cleaner (1 for each flower)
HOW TO DO IT
- Wash and dry an empty Juicy Juice bottle.
- Glue decorative ribbons around the base and neck of the bottle.
- Fill the inside with clear blue cellophane to give the appearance of water.
- Cut eight pieces of tissue paper into 6 inch squares; use two different colors, four pieces of each.
- Gather all eight pieces of tissue paper into one stack. With pinking shears, cut all the edges so you have a zig-zag pattern all around.
- Fold the stack accordion-style, making each fold about 1/2 inch in width.
- Tie the folded stack in the middle with a piece of thread.
- Open up the stack at each end; it will look like a two-sided fan.
- Separate each piece of tissue paper, gathering them together. Feel free to crumple up the pieces to give the flowers a fuller effect.
- On the bottom side of the finished flower, insert a green pipe cleaner about 2 inches through the thread. Twist the loop of the pipe cleaner to secure. This will be the flower’s stem.
- Make 2 or three more flowers to finish the bouquet.
- Place the finished flowers into the cellophane filled vase!
- You can use various different combinations of colored tissue paper to create a variety of flowers.