Looking for new and exciting ways to get the kids to eat fruit? Try these chocolate-dipped Banana Penguins for a fun after-school snack that’s fun and delicious. Get the kids involved and make an activity out of snack time.
- Step 1: Gather your materials. You will need:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup of orange candy coated peanut butter pieces
- 1 pack of candy eyeballs
- 1 bag of pretzel sticks
- Step 2: Peel and freeze the bananas overnight. They will gently thaw as you and your little ones work on the craft so they shouldn’t be too tough to eat when you finish.
- Step 3*: Melt the chocolate chips and slice the Reese’s Pieces in half. To melt the chocolate you can use the microwave or the stove. Add a tablespoon of water for every ½ cup of chocolate chips to ensure they won’t burn. Heat for 2 minutes or until the chocolate is melted. Take chocolate out of microwave at the one-minute mark and stir to prevent burning. Then carefully cut the peanut butter pieces in half with a butter knife. Do this step for the little ones and then give them the halves already sliced.
*Be sure to use a microwave safe container for heating the chocolate.
- Step 4: Dip the bananas in the melted chocolate so that only the top and the back half are covered. Place the candy eyeballs near the top of the banana and use the melted chocolate to adhere them. Place the peanut butter pieces on the banana where the nose and feet belong using the melted chocolate to adhere. Push the pretzel sticks into the banana for wings.
- Step 5: Let the banana penguins cool and then enjoy them with a Juicy Juice® SplashersTM pouch!