As the weather warms up in most parts of the country, the season of picnics, barbeques, camping, and playing in the yard returns. It’s the perfect time to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature: the chirping birds, the sound of a distant lawnmower, and fireflies glowing in the dusk. We’ve created a recipe that we think pairs wonderfully with summertime and it’s a cinch to pack for a picnic. This recipe makes 8 servings, with 4 small lettuce wraps per serving so if you have extra it’s great for leftovers too!
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1½ cups plus 2 tablespoons Juicy Juice 100% White Grape Juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1½ cups halved red grapes
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 32 Boston lettuce leaves (from about 4 medium lettuce heads), leaves separated
- In medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 1½ cups Juicy Juice 100% White Grape Juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken in large zip-top bag; pour juice mixture over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on rimmed baking pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Transfer chicken to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes before cutting into ½-inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic powder, hot sauce (if using) and remaining 2 tablespoons Juicy Juice 100% White Grape Juice, 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add grapes, celery, onions, walnuts and chopped chicken to bowl; toss until well combined.
- Serve chicken salad mixture with lettuce leaves.