This festive breakfast or snack cake is made with Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor and chunks of fresh rhubarb and strawberries. It is topped with a buttery streusel and drizzled with simple white icing.
Makes: 12 servings
Total Time: 2 hours
Active Time: 30 minutes
For the Streusel
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup light brown sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3 tablespoons rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 10-inch spring-form pan with cooking spray.
- Make Streusel: Mix flour and light brown sugar in a small bowl. Add butter and blend with clean fingertips until the butter is completely combined into the flour and looks like crumbly sand, so that you can squeeze it into clumps (1½ – 2 minutes). Add oats and stir to combine. Set aside.
For the Cake
½ cup Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor
1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup hulled and sliced fresh or frozen strawberries (sliced into ¼-inch pieces)
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (chopped ½-inch pieces)
- Egg Mixture: Beat butter sticks and sugar in a mixing bowl with electric beater until smooth. Scrape bowl and add eggs. Beat until smooth, scraping the bowl once or twice and set aside.
- Flour Mixture: In a separate bowl, whisk flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Juice Mixture: Stir Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor and vanilla extract in a glass measuring cup.
- Beat ½ of the flour mixture into the egg mixture. Add half of the Juicy Juice mixture, and beat to combine. Repeat with the remaining flour mixture and juice mixture until batter is smooth. Add the fresh strawberries and rhubarb and stir to combine.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the streusel over the cake and transfer the cake to the oven. Bake until the cake is puffed and the top is golden.
Duration: 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Run a knife along the edge before removing pan sides.
For the Icing
1 tablespoon Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor, plus more if desired
½ cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Stir confectioners’ sugar and 1 tablespoon Juicy Juice® 100% juice, kiwi strawberry flavor in a small bowl. Add more juice if a thinner glaze is desired. Drizzle cooled cake with the glaze just before serving.