HOW TO DO IT
- Help your child decorate a room in your house. Hang streamers, scatter confetti and set out party hats and noise makers.
- Dress up in party clothes.
- Bake a New Year’s cake together.
- Teach your child the words to “Auld Lang Syne” and sing other songs together.
- Explain the concept of New Year’s resolutions to your child. Ask him or her if there is anything they would like to accomplish in the next year.
- Lay out sleeping bags in the living room. Read stories together and play board games late into the evening.
- Toast the New Year at midnight (if your kids are still awake) with Juicy Juice™ served in fancy glasses.
FOLLOW UP FUN
- Make your children’s favorite breakfast on New Year’s morning, then cuddle up and watch the New Year’s Day parades on TV.
- Write New Year’s Resolutions on a piece of paper and add them to your Family Time Capsule, or keep them in a safe place to read again next New Year’s Eve.