It’s that time of year again and the holidays are right around the corner! This means quality family time with grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and everyone in between! For many families, hosting out of town guests for a few days is a big part of the season. As much fun as family time is, having guests can be stressful! Here are a few really great tips that you can use to prep and make your guests feel welcome during their stay.
1. Make sure that your guestroom(s) is clean and organized. Put new sheets on the bed and make sure that you place extra blankets and pillows in the bedroom they will be staying in. Also, don’t forget fresh towels! If you have a bathroom specifically for your guests, you can place the towels there.
2. Most guests will bring their toiletries for their stay, but may forget a couple of things while they are packing. It’s a great gesture to get a cute wicker basket with travel size toiletries for your guests. This way they have easy access to anything they may need.
3. If your guests are staying longer than one night, the holiday dinner likely won’t be the only one that you’re planning. Make sure to plan ahead and have plenty of extra food and drinks around for those days. Don’t forget to plan accordingly for any guest(s) with allergies.
4. Plan a few activities that your whole family can enjoy! Whether it’s sightseeing or a movie night, try to plan something that will make the most of your time with each other and that everyone will enjoy.
5. Be upfront about any commitments you may have during their stay so that they are aware of when you will be around and when they should plan their own outings.
Most importantly, don’t forget to enjoy your holidays and have a great time with your family!