Brimming with fresh fruit, this delectable dessert is a study in contrasts: soft, warm apples and raspberries below, topped with a rich, slightly crisp crumble topping. Juicy Juice® 100% juice, apple raspberry flavor enhances the filling, while the cornstarch in the fruit’s coating ensures that it has body and isn’t too liquid.
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 6 large pie apples (McIntosh, Braeburn, Granny Smith, etc.), peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cups raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Juicy Juice 100% juice, apple raspberry
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and divided
- Vanilla ice cream or lightly sweetened whipped cream, for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Whisk together sugar, cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Add fruit, tossing to coat with dry mixture. Transfer to a 9” x 13” nonreactive baking dish. Pour Juicy Juice® 100% juice, apple raspberry flavor over fruit.
Whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Cut butter into several large pieces, and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to work it into dry ingredients, forming large crumbs. Distribute crumble topping evenly over fruit.
Bake 45 minutes, until juices bubble and topping feels firm to the touch. Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings