Ham & Cheese & Pretzel Pinwheel with Orange Creamsicle Dip
Courtesy of Jeff Mauro
Makes 4 servings
Ham & Cheese & Pretzel Pinwheel
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup honey mustard
- ½ lb of thinly sliced smoked or honey deli ham
- 12 slices of American cheese
- 2 cups crushed pretzels, pulverized in a bag or in a food processor
- 1 package of butter lettuce
- On a flat tortilla, spread some honey mustard from “crust to crust.”
- Sprinkle pretzels evenly “crust to crust”
- Spread out a thin and flat layer of ham.
- Add a thin layer of the butter lettuce and roll up very tightly as if rolling up a rug or yoga mat.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour or overnight to firm up.
- When it’s time to make the lunch, unwrap the plastic wrap and cut wrapped tortilla into 1-inch thick medallions.
- Place in a small baggie or plastic container for your kiddo’s lunch!
Orange Creamsicle Dip
- 1 cup Juice Juice® 100% juice, orange tangerine flavor
- 1 cup of whole fat plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In small pot over medium heat, simmer Juicy Juice® 100% juice, orange tangerine flavor for about 5-10 minutes or until concentrated and reduced by half. Set aside to cool.
- Add cooled and reduced juice in a bowl with yogurt, honey, vanilla extract.
- Whisk until fluffy, adding more honey if you desire more sweetness.
- Serve with sliced fruit, pretzels or graham crackers!