Keep your family healthy and their hands clean this Halloween season by dressing up your everyday soap dispensers. Your kids will love making these spooky suds, and you’ll love that they actually want to wash their hands!
- Clear hand soap in a bottle (with label removed)
- Small bowl
- Pencil, popsicle stick or wooden skewer
- Tiny Halloween toys or plastic decorations to fit in the soap bottle (plastic spiders, mini pumpkins, plastic skeletons, etc.)
- Colored pipe cleaners and pom-poms (try Halloween colors like green or orange)
- Hot glue gun (parent/adult use only)
- Paper towels for any cleanup required
First, pour out a small amount of the soap from the bottle into a small bowl. This will prevent overflowing as you add your creepy critters and pom-poms.
Gently push your plastic Halloween decorations into the soap bottle one at a time.
Now use the pencil, popsicle stick, or wooden skewer to push your decorations into the soap bottle, making room as you add more creepy crawlers.
Once you’ve put in all your decorations, close the soap bottle, give it a rinse and dry with paper towels. Next, wrap pipe cleaners around the neck of the bottle to create spooky shapes like spider legs.
Next, have an adult hot glue a pom-pom to the pipe cleaners to make the spider’s head. Don’t forget to give it a minute or two to cool.
Once you’ve added all the critters and decorations for your spooky soap, give the closed bottle a little shake to mix things up. Repeat with more soap bottles for the whole family!