What You Need
- 8 empty 4.23 oz. Juicy Juice® boxes
- 1 glue stick
- 1 picture from a magazine or coloring book
- Colored markers or crayons
- Safety scissors
How To Do It
- Arrange the Juicy Juice boxes into two rows of 4 boxes.
- You should have a rectangle that measures about 7 3/4 inches wide by 7 inches tall.
- Have your child choose a picture from a magazine or coloring book that is slightly larger than this rectangle.
- If a picture from a coloring book was chosen, make sure that all of the area chosen for the puzzle has been colored in prior to making the puzzle.
- Place the boxes in their 7 3/4 by 7 inch rectangle on top of the picture. Use a ruler and pencil to draw a straight line around all of the outer edges.
- Remove the boxes and cut the outlined picture.
- Turn the picture over. Draw a horizontal line across the middle of the page. It should be 3 1/2 inches down from the top of the picture.
- Draw 3 vertical lines down the page at 1 13/16-inch intervals.
- You should now have 8 rectangles, each the approximate size of 1 Juicy Juice box.
- Cut out each small rectangle.
- Reassemble the juice boxes in their original order and place the cut picture pieces on top of each box so that they look like the original picture.
- Glue the picture pieces to the boxes and let dry.
- Now, let your child mix up the puzzle and see how quickly he or she can put it back together!
You can make this more challenging for older children by covering all of the box sides with different pictures.
Set up a family jigsaw puzzle table for those long summer evenings or holiday weekends. Choose a large puzzle that will take several sittings to complete. It’s a great way to learn patience and visual skills as well as a meeting place for great family conversation!