Celebrate Mother’s Day with these recipes that are the perfect way to include your kids on a breakfast that mom is sure to love. You can make it even more special by serving up these easy breakfast options on a homemade Mother’s Day breakfast tray. Depending on the age of your kids, you can give them ownership by measuring the ingredients and having them prepare the food or having them actually cook the pancakes with your supervision. Explore our easy options below:
Strawberry Banana Chia Parfait
This simple parfait contains chia seeds, a super food that’s filled with heart-healthy vitamins and antioxidants. It’s the perfect way to fill mom’s day with fruity goodness.
- 1 cup of Juicy Juice 100% Juice, strawberry banana flavor
- ¼ cup of chia seeds
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups sliced banana
- 3 cups vanilla yogurt
- Whisk together Juicy Juice 100% Juice, strawberry banana flavor and chia seeds in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Layer chia mixture with yogurt and fruit in four juice glasses or small jars, alternating layers of chia mixture, yogurt and fruit until glasses are full.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
There’s nothing mom will love more than digging into fluffy pancakes drizzled in delicious berries.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- ¾ cup of Juicy Juice® 100% Juice, berry flavor
- 1 ½ cups of blueberries
- ¼ cup of sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoons of butter melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup of whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ teaspoons of salt
- ½ cup of blueberries
For the sauce::
- Stir together cornstarch and juice in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups blueberries, ¼ cup sugar, and ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until blueberries cook down and liquid thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, cover and set aside.
For the pancake batter::
- In a small bowl stir together milk, butter, and egg.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Add milk mixture; stir until just combined.
- Fold in ½ cup of blueberries.
- Coat a griddle or large heavy-bottomed skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until a small amount of water pours on the griddle sizzles.
- For each pancake, pour ¼ cup batter onto the griddle and cook until the top bubbles and edges are set.
- Turn and cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until golden.
- Serve warm with blueberry sauce.
This quick and easy snack is the perfect boost to mom’s energy, helping her have fun all day.
- 1 cup of regular rolled oats
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup Juicy Juice 100% Juice, apple flavor
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup mixed berries
- 1 container (6 oz) desired-flavor yogurt
- Place ½ cup of dry oats in bowl
- Place the milk, apple juice, honey, and cinnamon into the bowl with the oats. Stir until combined.
- Pour the mixed oats in a mason jar and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, top with yogurt and berries of your liking.