The lemonade stand is a powerful image of summer, one that conjures up pleasant memories, innocent refreshments and, of course, sticky fingers. We’ve put a spin on the traditional lemonade stand and replaced the lemonade with Juicy Juice. Don’t worry though; we kept in the element of citrus to tie it back to the tasty classic!
Let’s talk first about the great things kids can learn from this fun activity before discussing what you’ll need to get started.
Why a Juicy Juice stand?
A Juicy Juice stand can help your little ones learn tons of useful skills, no matter what their age.
For two- to three-year olds:
If you have toddlers, you can help them develop number sense (which aids in learning arithmetic a little farther down the road). You can teach them simple things, like how to count Juicy Juice boxes, ice cubes or quarters, even if adding is beyond their grasp for the time being.
For three- to four-year-olds:
For preschool-age children, you can collaborate on shopping lists and have them watch as you write the items. They can also help pour the Juicy Juice into pitchers, which will help them gain a sense of both proportions and volume. When you’ve set up the stand, they can greet customers with a smile and their special ‘hello’!
For kids older than five:
Primary-school-age kids can work as managers. As managers, they can delegate tasks to you and maybe their siblings make change for customers and create unique recipes with fruit and Juicy Juice. This might get their entrepreneurial juices flowing and could lead to other business projects in the future.
What do I need?
Depending upon your operation, you’ll need a range of supplies. We recommend the essentials: a large jug, raspberries, apple slices, ice, a table and a cooler (to hold extra ice). And if you want to take your Juicy Juice stand to the next level, we suggest buying some fresh mint next time you’re at the market. You can use it either as a garnish or a unique dash of flavor in your Juicy Juice concoction.
How do I make the mixture?
We love adding fruit to Juicy Juice for a refreshing and unique drink, and we’ve provided some of our favorite combinations to get you started. Pizazz it up by adding raspberries to our Berry Juicy Juice 100% Juice and red apple slices to our Apple Juicy Juice 100% Juice. We’ve also included a recipe for Cherry Lemonade below. If you feel comfortable, you can make your own recipe based on your tastes. Many combinations of fruit and Juicy Juice work nicely together, so use your imagination and let your little one inspire some delicious mixes!
- Cherry Juicy Juice 100% Juice
- 6-10 lemons or two cups of lemon juice
- When you’ve gathered your supplies, use a large cup and scoop four large scoops of ice into your favorite summer pitcher.
- Add two cups of fresh lemon juice to Cherry Juicy Juice 100% Juice. If you have the time, ask your kids to help you squeeze six to ten lemons into a large bowl until you’ve got about two cups of juice. Remind them to avoid getting the lemon juice in their eyes!
- Strain the lemon juice into a smaller bowl using a colander. Ideally, you’ll hold back the seeds but keep some of the pulp in with the juice.
- Add the lemon juice to the ice and Juicy Juice. Stir, and then serve to all your happy customers!
Good luck! And be sure to have fun!