Although summer is behind us and the kids are back in school, you and your family don’t have to leave the fun behind! There are a lot of really enjoyable fall activities to partake in over the weekend. Some can even be done in the comfort of your own backyard. Jump into fall with the fun below!
1. Once the leaves start falling and you have to start raking them, you can get your little ones in on the fun. Make big piles out of the leaves and they will have tons of fun jumping in! Make sure to keep the memories by taking some great pictures of them smiling in the foliage.
2. Research a great local hiking path that would be a good fit for your family. Depending on where you live, there should be plenty that have beautiful views and are easy enough for the little ones to do with your help.
3. This is a great time for you and your family to go out and get fit. The weather is getting cooler, so break out the bikes or scooters and plan a fun, active day. This is also the time of year to sign your family up for a Family Fun Run. It’s a cool way to spend the day, get fit and potentially raise money for a good cause if the event is hosted by a charity.
4. Fall sports are another great way to bond with the family. Not only can you arrange a quick pick-up game of soccer or throw the football around in the backyard with the kids, but this is a great time to take the kids to a professional game and introduce them to the excitement of the game, firsthand.
5. Visiting a farm is also a good way to spend the day. Most farms give the kids the opportunity to feed the animals or have activities such as hayrides or corn mazes. It’s a really good way to bond with the family.