Recipe courtesy of @Siriouslydelicious
Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1.5 – 2 hours
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup crisp rice cereal
1/2 cup dried apples, diced
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter)
1/2 cup Juicy Juice 100% Juice, Apple
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spread out oats evenly on a rimmed baking sheet, and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine rice cereal, apples, cinnamon, salt and toasted oats.
- Stir together the brown sugar, honey, peanut butter, vanilla and Juicy Juice 100% Juice, Apple in a saucepan over medium heat. Let the mixture come to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the juice mixture over everything and stir until well blended.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, allowing the paper to extend over the sides of the pan. Grease the parchment paper.
- Using a rubber spatula, spread the mixture into the prepared pan, pressing lightly into an even layer.
- Place in the refrigerator, and chill until completely cool and firm; 30 minutes to an hour. Using the parchment paper as handles, lift the chilled bar mixture out of the pan. Cut into 8 bars, and serve, or store individually wrapped in plastic wrap for breakfast or snacks.