Red, White, and Blue Crispy Rice Treats
Sprinkle in some color and take your crispy rice squares from bland to bright. It’s so easy to add a patriotic pop of red, white, and blue. Even better, this one is so simple that your little ones can help. So grab your Juicy Juice and get ready for a sticky good time!
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
6 tbsp unsalted butter
16 oz bag of fresh marshmallows
6 cups crispy rice cereal
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Red, white, and blue candy melts
- Melt butter in a saucepan on low to medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until the mixture is completely melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Next, fold in the crispy rice cereal. Optional: Mix in sprinkles.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper, then pour in the mixture. Press gently to form an even surface.
- Cool for 30 minutes to set.
- In microwave safe bowls, warm each color of the candy melts for 30 second intervals in the microwave and stir until fully melted.
- Drizzle the melts over the crispy rice in the pan. Decorate with sprinkles and anything else you might like.