Prep time: 20 minutes plus 20 minutes to marinate
Cook time: 18 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons of no-salt-added tomato paste
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of Juicy Juice® 100% juice, cherry flavor
- 1 (12-oz) package of frozen unsweetened pitted cherries, thawed
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar or honey
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat and add onion and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tomato paste and vinegar, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in cider, cherries, paprika, mustard and sugar and bring to a simmer; cook and stir 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, mashing cherries with a fork.
- Let sauce cool.
1 pound of London broil (top round steak), thinly sliced into 8 strips
3 tablespoons of chopped green onions
- Pour ¾ cup of the sauce into a large resealable plastic bag and add steak strips; seal bag, and turn to coat, then let stand at room temperature 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler to high and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade.
- On each of 8 (10-inch) skewers, thread 1 steak strip in a slightly wavy pattern.
- Season with pepper to taste, then place on baking sheet, and broil 2 to 3 minutes per side (145°F for medium-rare) or to desired doneness.
- Transfer to a platter, sprinkle with green onions, and serve with remaining sauce.
If using wooden skewers, soak them at least 30 minutes before broiling to prevent burning.