- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup of Juicy Juice® 100% juice, cherry flavor
- 3 cups of fresh dark sweet cherries, pitted or 1 (12 oz) bag frozen dark sweet cherries
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-quart vanilla ice cream
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in Juicy Juice® 100% juice, cherry flavor. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Add cherries, orange zest and vanilla; bring to boiling. Reduce heat and allow sauce to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spoon ice cream into individual dessert dishes. Top with warm cherries and sauce, and serve!