Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes 4 portions
- 1 ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn starch plus 1 tablespoon for
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cup Juicy Juice® 100% juice, tropical flavor
- 2 cup green bell pepper, large diced
- 2 cup carrot, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices orange
- 4 cup white rice, prepared
- In a deep skillet, add oil and heat to 350 degrees.
- Season corn starch with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken thighs into bite-size pieces.
- Toss chicken in corn starch and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Fry in oil until golden brown and crispy, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Sauté green bell peppers and carrots for 3-5 minutes or until tender, then set aside.
- Combine Juicy Juice® 100% Juice, Tropical Flavor, remining salt, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, remaining corn starch, and red pepper flakes. Whisk until smooth.
- Bring juice mixture to a boil and then simmer for 3-5 mins or until thickened.
- Toss chicken and vegetables in glaze.
- Serve on top of rice with sliced orange for garnish.